2019 Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional NAIDOC Award nominations
We are seeking nominations for the 2019 NAIDOC Awards.
Many local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people contribute to Australian society through music, art, culture, community, education, environment, sport, employment and politics. If you think that someone in our community deserves to be recognised for their contribution, then nominate them for a 2019 NAIDOC Award.
To be eligible for a 2019 NAIDOC Award, people must:
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, with the exception of the Non-Aboriginal Organisation Award;
- Be an active community member in the QPRC region
Nominations are open for the following categories:
- Elder of the Year (male or female) must be aged over 60 years to qualify.
- Apprentice or Trainee of The Year must have held current position for a minimum of three months.
- Sportsperson of the Year must be signed to a specific code of sport within the region or state.
- Youth of the Year (male or female) must be aged between 16-25 years old. .
- Person of the Year (male or female) must be an active community member.
- Inspirational Woman is open to women who have made a significant contribution to the community.
- Non–Aboriginal Organisation must be an active member within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community
Nominations received will be shortlisted and two from each category will be selected by a committee comprised of NAIDOC committee members and community Elders.
Nominations close 5 July 2019. For any enquiries please contact Terry Campese on 6298 6198 or 0478 409911 or email email@example.com.
Click here to view form.
Nominations forms can also be collected from our libraries at Braidwood, Bungendore and Queanbeyan. You can also drop off completed forms into the nomination boxes at each of our libraries.
Download a PDF version of the nomination form(PDF, 233KB)
Download a Word version of the nomination form(DOCX, 137KB)