Annual Art Award
The Art Awards started in 2008 following a partnership with the Queanbeyan Art Society dating back to 1975.
Council sponsored a major acquisitive prize at the society’s annual exhibition and the prize-winning artworks form the bulk of council’s art collection. The collection also contains additional works acquired at these exhibitions and others that have been gifted, and totals approximately 130 works.
Since 2008 the Art Awards have been a non-acquisitive exhibition sponsored and managed by QPRC and held in The Q-Exhibition Space, in Queanbeyan.
QPRC are working in partnership with the Bendigo Bank’s Braidwood and Bungendore Community Branches to increase the major art prize and expand the prize offerings. This will bring our regional art awards in line with others around the state with a TOTAL prize pool of $12,000.
2021 Award Winners
Sally Simpson's 'Fragile Equilibrium'
Proudly supported by
- The QPRC Acquisitive Art Award: $5,000 - Sally Simpson for 'Fragile Equilibrium'
- Youth Emerging Artist Award: $2,000 - Jarrah Knowles for 'Yellow Skies'
- Small Sculpture Award: $2,000 - Annette Blair for 'Hope'
- Ceramics Award: $1,000 - Lea Durie for 'Thirst'
- Bendigo Pick Award: $1,000 - Olivia Bernardoff for 'A never ending story'
- People’s Choice Award: $1,000 - will be announced on 19 June
Previous Winners of the Regional Art Award
- 2008 Timo Nest
- 2009 Claire Primrose
- 2010 June Roblom
- 2011 Timo Nest
- 2012 Sharon Field
- 2013 Debra Boyd-Goggon
- 2014 Sonja Kalenjuk
- 2015 Claire Primrose
- 2016 Sally Simpson
- 2017 Harriet Schwartzrock & Suzanne Moss
- 2018 Gunther Deix & Erin Conron
- 2019 Linda Dening
- 2020 not awarded
- 2021 Sally Simpson