Regional Art Awards
We annually extend an invitation to all artists and craftspeople who reside in the Queanbeyan-Palerang, Snowy Monaro or Yass Valley Local Government Areas, to enter the Regional Art Awards. The awards aim to enhance the recognition and support of our regions artists and craftspeople, particularly emerging to mid-career artists.
This year we also invite the regions young artists to consider entering the Awards, with the introduction of a $250 Youth Encouragement Award. We would like to support and foster our regions young artists, and encourage all of our young creative people to enter a piece into the Awards this year. We welcome entries in any medium including painting, sculpture, textiles, photography, drawing and ceramics. The general entry fee continues to be $30, with the entry fee for youth and concessions priced at only $15.
Once again this year, sponsorship support has been kindly offered from Form Studio and Gallery, which will see one talented artist receiving an award for professional practice valued at up to $2000. In addition, Council continues to sponsor the main Award of $2,000, the Highly Commended Award of $500 and the People’s Choice Award of $250.
Entry forms can be downloaded here(PDF, 113KB) and are also available from The Q, Queanbeyan, Braidwood and Bungendore Libraries and Customer Service Offices. Alternatively contact Team Leader Culture, Arts and Museums Georgina Perri on 6285 6170, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|The QPRC Art Award
|Form Studio & Gallery Award for professional practice valued up to
|Highly Commended Award
|Youth Encouragement Award (12-25 years)
|People's Choice Award
Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 August between 10am – 4pm
Entry form, entry fees and artworks to be delivered to The Q
Tuesday 21 August 6pm
Opening night and announcement of Awards
Monday 17 September 10am – 4pm
Pick up of unsold artworks from The Q
Conditions of entry
- Entry is open to all artists and craftspeople who reside in the Queanbeyan-Palerang, Cooma Monaro or Yass Valley Local Government Areas – entry not open to ACT residents or staff and families of employees of Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council.
- There is a limit of one entry per artist at a non-refundable entry fee of $15 youth/concession and $30 general entry
- All artworks must be for sale, and priced to include the 22% commission payable to The Q from the sale of artworks.
- Artworks priced over $5,000 will not be accepted.
- The size of wall mounted artworks must not exceed 2m x 2m, sculptures/object based work must not exceed 2m x 1.5m x 1.5m
- Artwork must be delivered ready for display/installation, framed works must have d rings attached to the rear of the piece, and photographs and other works on paper must be suitable mounted or otherwise prepared for display.
- Special arrangements may have to be made to include works that weigh over 30kgs. If you believe you have any special requirements related to the presentation of your artwork call 6285 6170.
- Artwork must be an original work by the artist, have not previously won an award, and have been completed within the last 2 years. It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure there is no infringement of copyright laws.
- Organizers reserve the right to reject artworks they feel do not meet exhibition standards or pose OHS problems.
- Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council nor any of its employees, agents or volunteers will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, a work however caused, whether by accident, negligence or otherwise. Works are delivered to and left with The Q at the artists’ risk, and should therefore be appropriately insured by the artist.
- Sold artworks must remain on display through the entirety of the exhibition. Artists whose work is selected for entry authorise and agree to permit images of artwork to be used for promotional purposes; artist will retain copyright and be attributed.
- An artwork can be a work on paper, photograph, sculpture/object based, painting and others.
- Artworks must be clearly marked with the artists’ name, title of work and sale price on back of the artwork, or securely attached swing tag.