Regional Art Awards
Artists from the Queanbeyan-Palerang, Snowy Monaro and Yass Valley LGAs are invited to enter this year's awards.
This year we also invite the region's emerging artists to consider entering the Awards, with the introduction of a $500 Emerging Artist Award. We would like to support and foster our region's up and coming talent and encourage all of our young creative people to enter a piece into the Awards this year.
We welcome entries in any medium including painting, sculpture, textiles, photography, drawing and ceramics. The general entry fee continues to be $30, with the entry fee for youth and concessions priced at only $15.
This year, sponsorship support has been kindly offered from The Queanbeyan Hive, which will see one talented artist receiving an exhibition award valued at up to $1,500. In addition, Council continues to sponsor the main Award of $2,000 and the People's Choice Award of $500.
Entry forms can be downloaded here(PDF, 735KB) and are also available from The Q, Queanbeyan, Braidwood and Bungendore Libraries and Customer Service Offices. Alternatively contact Team Leader Culture, Arts and Museums Benita Tunks on 6285 6170, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|The QPRC Art Award
|The Queanbeyan Hive exhibition award valued at up to
|Emerging Artist Award
|People's Choice Award
Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 October between 10am – 4pm
Entry form, entry fees (cash or eftpos) and artworks to be delivered to The Q
Tuesday 15 October 6pm
Opening night and announcement of Awards
Saturday 2 and Monday 4 November
10am – 12 noon Mon
Collect unsold artworks from The Q
Conditions of entry
- Entry is open to all artists and craftspeople who reside in the Queanbeyan-Palerang, Snowy Monaro or Yass Valley Local Government Areas – entry not open to ACT residents.
- There is a limit of one entry per artist at a non-refundable entry fee of $15 youth/concession and $30 general entry
- All artworks must be for sale, and priced to include the 25% commission payable to The Q from the sale of artworks.
- Artworks priced over $5,000 will not be accepted.
- The size of wall mounted artworks must not exceed 2m x 2m, sculptures/object based work must not exceed 2m x 1.5m x 1.5m
- Special arrangements may have to be made to include works that weigh over 30kgs, call 6285 6170.
- If you believe you have any special requirements related to the presentation of your artwork call 6285 6170.
- Artwork must be an original work by the artist, have not previously won an award, and have been completed within the last 2 years. It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure there is no infringement of copyright laws.
- Staff and families of Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council are not eligible to enter.
- Organizers reserve the right to reject artworks they feel do not meet exhibition standards or pose OHS problems.
- Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council nor any of its employees, agents or volunteers will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, a work however caused, whether by accident, negligence or otherwise. Works are delivered to and left with The Q at the artists’ risk, and should therefore be appropriately insured by the artist.
- Sold artworks must remain on display through the entirety of the exhibition. Artists whose work is selected for entry authorise and agree to permit images of artwork to be used for promotional purposes; artist will retain copyright and be attributed.
- An artwork can be a work on paper, photograph, sculpture, painting or mixed media.
- Artworks must be clearly marked with the artists’ name, title of work and sale price on back of the artwork, or securely attached swing tag.