We are seeking a highly experienced Executive Assistant to support the CEO and Mayor with proactive executive, administrative and secretarial support. The Executive Assistant will demonstrate the ability to operate with a high level of confidentiality, initiative and tact; as well as exercising independent judgement.
Within the area of responsibility, this role is required to:
- Manage phone calls, enquiries, diaries, appointments, registers and travel for CEO and Mayor.
- Administer expenses and acquittals for CEO and Mayor
- Undertake research of material for address by the CEO and Mayor and prepare draft presentations
- Compile and distribute executive agendas
- Prepare minutes from Council, Committee and executive meetings
- Follow up and record actions from minutes assigned to CEO office.
- Arrange civic receptions for mayor as required
- Manage the flow of information to councillors including materials through the Councillors room.
Please note** Previous applicants needn't apply.
Adelaide Nye on (02) 6285 6215
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Resume including contact details of at least two referees. Referees can be from paid, voluntary or work experience; the referee should be able to comment on your work related attributes
- Cover Letter
- Statement of your claims for the role against the Functional Capabilities. Applicants that do not address the functional capabilities may not be considered for the position
- Drivers License or a form of ID
- Copies of supporting documentation
Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from: Aboriginal people; those with disabilities; and, multicultural backgrounds. Council employees enjoy free parking, a dynamic, safe and healthy workplace, smoke, alcohol and drug free working environment. Council has a Sustainability Policy and is committed toward achieving sustainability outcomes (environmental, social, financial and governance) in all our operations and activities.