Council is seeking an Accounting/Finance qualified and experienced Program Coordinator, Financial Accounting to manage and lead a team responsible for council’s annual financial statements and including investments, GST, accounts payable and reconciliations processes.
The successful candidate will have a track record in team leadership and the delivery of financial services and annual statements within a local government environment that are compliant with accounting standards and codes.
The position is accountable for:
- Supervision of staff; compliance with statutory obligations; and coordination and monitoring the performance of systems associated with the Program/s.
- Coordination of workplace health and safety, risk, environmental and quality (HSEQ) objectives and targets
- Coordinating resources (people, financial) in accord with program and projects budget
- Contributing to reporting on operational performance in accord with performance frameworks
- Contributing constructively to workplace committees and the transition to the modern future-focussed LGA envisaged for QPRC
- Assisting cooperative sustainability initiatives and practices in accord with strategies, policies and budget
- Contributing constructively to culture of health and safety within the Council.
Shane Taylor on (02) 6285 6028 or Adelaide Nye on (02) 6285 6215.
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Resume including contact details of at least two referees. Referees can be from paid, voluntary or work experience; the referee should be able to comment on your work related attributes
- Cover Letter
- Statement of your claims for the role against the Functional Capabilities. Applicants that do not address the functional capabilities may not be considered for the position.
- Drivers License or a form of ID
- Copies of supporting documentation
Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from multicultural and Aboriginal people. Council employees enjoy free parking, a dynamic, safe and healthy workplace, smoke, alcohol and drug free working environment. Council has in place a Sustainability Policy and is committed and working towards achieving sustainability outcomes (environmental, social, financial and governance) in all our operations and activities.