The Land-Use Planning Branch is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the duties of the fulltime Program Coordinator, Land-Use Planning - Communities and Spatial Services position.
To successful for this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning or the equivalent providing demonstrated eligibility for Corporate Membership of the Planning Institute of Australia.
- Substantial experience in completing major strategic land use planning projects/tasks to a high standard, with a minimum of supervision and within stipulated time frames.
- Ability to lead, motivate and supervise staff so that service unit strategies are delivered while use of organisational resources is optimised.
- Ability to plan, organise, set priorities and manage time, so that organisational resources are optimised and objectives are achieved within an agreed timeline.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written form to internal and external bodies, including excellent presentation skills.
The position is accountable for:
- Supervision of staff and consultants; compliance with statutory obligations; and coordination and monitoring the performance of systems associated with the Program/s
- Coordinating resources (people, financial) in accordance with program and projects budgets
- Contributing to reporting on operational performance in accordance with performance frameworks
- Contributing constructively to workplace committees and the transition to the modern future-focussed LGA envisaged for QPRC
- Assisting cooperative sustainability initiatives and practices in accordance with strategies, policies and budget
- Ensuring compliance of workplace health and safety, risk, environmental and quality (HSEQ) objectives and targets
Note** Vehicle Leaseback Available
David Carswell on (02) 6285 6128 or Adelaide Nye on (02) 6285 6215
How to apply
Your application must include:
- Resume including contact details of at least two referees. Referees can be from paid, voluntary or work experience; the referee should be able to comment on your work related attributes
- Cover Letter
- Statement of your claims for the role against the Functional Capabilities. Applicants that do not address the functional capabilities may not be considered for the position
- Drivers License or a form of ID
- Copies of supporting documentation
Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from multicultural and Aboriginal people. Council employees enjoy free parking, a dynamic, safe and healthy workplace, smoke, alcohol and drug free working environment. Council has in place a Sustainability Policy and is committed and working towards achieving sustainability outcomes (environmental, social, financial and governance) in all our operations and activities.