We provide unpaid work experience for people undertaking educational training at school, TAFE or university. Our work experience program provides practical on-the-job experiences while offering exposure to a diverse range of services, programs and facilities.
The number of placements available depends if the work area can provide effective on-the-job experience at a suitable time for both Council and the student.
Where there is high demand, preference is given to schools and institutions within the Queanbeyan-Palerang region, and students whose studies are most relevant.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a current secondary school, vocational or tertiary student
- Be required to complete relevant nominal hours of practical experience as part of your course
- Have a specific work area in mind
- Have a specific date period to undertake the placement
- Be provided with insurance coverage (public liability coverage) by your educational institution for the duration of your work experience at Council
A copy of any required certification may also need to be supplied as evidence. This could include White Card or Working with Children Check (NSW version). We will confirm these requirements prior to placement.
All expressions of interest should be submitted with a minimum of four (4) weeks notice.
Once you have submitted your expression of interest, our Learning and Development team will ensure student eligibility, and then assist in finding a suitable work area for the specified time period.
If you have require further information regarding work experience please contact Jody Kaden on (02) 6285 6343.
Click here to view form.