Our student work experience program provides practical on-the-job experiences while offering exposure to a diverse range of services, programs and facilities.
We offer a wide range of placements in a number of areas to provide as broad experience as possible.
To be considered eligible you must:
- Be a current secondary school, vocational or tertiary student
- Be required to complete relevant nominal hours of practical experience as part of your course
- Have a specific work area in mind
- Have a specific date period
- Be provided with insurance coverage by your educational institution for the duration of your work experience at Council
If you are an eligible student and wish to apply for a period of work experience, please complete the expression of interest form below.
Please ensure that you specify what area of Council you are interested in and the total amount of hours you will be required to complete.
You can be submit your expression of interest online below.
Once you have submitted your expression of interest, our Workplace team will ensure student eligibility, and then assist in finding a suitable work area for the specified time period.
Please note: work experience placements are limited.
If you have require further information regarding work placements at Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council please contact Council on (02) 6285 6215.
Click here to view form.