Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council is a proud member of the Canberra Region Joint Organisation (CRJO). The vision of the CRJO is 'Working together to deliver better outcomes for our communities and the region.' CRJO represents ten Councils in South-East NSW and includes the ACT Government.
CRJO Membership Boundary Map
The CRJO region is located in South-Eastern NSW and surrounds the ACT. The region is predominantly rural with major towns being Batemans Bay, Bega, Bowral, Cooma, Crookwell, Goulburn, Mittagong, Moruya, Moss Vale, Narooma, Queanbeyan, Tumut, Yass and Young. It also includes many smaller townships and villages and growing residential and rural-residential areas, particularly close to Canberra and along the coast. The total population of the CRJO region including the ACT is 750,000 and the total area is 48,000km2.
The CRJO provides a forum for councils, State agencies and other stakeholders to work together at a regional level to identify shared priorities. This will help to deliver important regional projects, delivering better outcomes for communities.
- Regional strategic planning and priority setting
- Intergovernmental collaboration
- Regional leadership and advocacy
Click here to learn more about CRJO’s Regional Strategies.
The primary core function of the Board is regional leadership and advocacy with its identified objective being:
- To identify and address emerging issues of regional significance where benefits may be gained for local communities. The Board meets in selected Council areas four times annually, with the AGM normally held in conjunction with the last meeting of the calendar year.
- Board meetings consist of a short Business Session followed by the option of a Forum on a selected theme.
- The CRJO carries out this function through its Board which includes the Mayors of each of the ten Councils or their alternate, and another nominated representative of the member Council or that nominated representative’s alternate delegate.
For more information on the CRJO Board click here.
The Canberra Region Joint Organisation seeks an Executive Officer to lead and manage the organisation to achieve the short and long-term strategic objective and priorities set by the Board.
For further information please visit the CRJO's website here.
Applications close 5:00pm, 15 May 2020.