This Transition Structure will be led by Interim General Manager, Peter Tegart. Four Portfolio General Managers report to the Interim General Manager. The organisation structure can be seen below. You can also download a PDF version of the structure here(PDF, 15KB) .
The transition structure will be in place until May 2019.
The Community Choice portfolio incorporates culture, community, education and recreation services, the Natural and Built Character portfolio incorporates development, parks, environmental health, sustainability and strategic planning services, the Community Connections portfolio incorporates roads and transport, water, sewer, waste and asset and facilities management services, and the Organisation Capability portfolio incorporates HR, finance, technology, customer, risk and property services.
The structure has been developed around five strategic directions. The strategic directions are for a safe, harmonious, happy and healthy community leading fulfilled lives; a diverse resilient and smart economy that creates choice and job opportunities; a clean, green community that cherishes its natural and physical character; a well-connected community with good infrastructure enhancing quality of life; and a capable organisation that leads a community which is engaged and participative.
Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council was proclaimed on 12 May 2016 as a merger of the Palerang and Queanbeyan City Councils. An initial interim structure was put in place to ensure continuity of service to the community. Council has been working closely with the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) to transition to the new organisation. As part of this process DPC assigned Council a number of tasks to complete. Progress on those tasks can be seen in the links below.
Transition projects and reports
- QPRC Transition Plan(PDF, 4MB)
- Communications and Engagement Plan(PDF, 973KB)
- List of Committees(PDF, 201KB)
- Code of Meeting Practice(PDF, 388KB)
- Code of Conduct(PDF, 156KB)
- Local Representation Committee
- Implementation Advisory Group(PDF, 272KB)
- Operational Plan, Revenue Policy and Fees and Charges
- Interim measure for Policies - report and resolution(PDF, 306KB)
- Transition Structure Report(PDF, 791KB)
- Stronger Communities report and framework(PDF, 271KB)
- Merger Report - presented to Council meeting on 23 August 2017(PDF, 3MB)