Capital 2 Wind Farm Community Consultative Committee
Published on 08 December 2017
Expressions of interest are being sought for voluntary community members of a CCC for the Capital 2 Wind Farm. Up to seven positions are available for community representatives.
The purpose of the consultative committee is to provide a forum for discussion between representatives of Capital 2 Wind Farm, the community, Council and other stakeholders on issues directly relating to the assessment, construction and operation of the Capital 2 Wind Farm.
Ongoing community relations are also an important function of the committee. It is anticipated that the CCC will meet regularly for the life of the wind farm.
Committee members will be appointed as individuals and will not be expected to represent specific organisations. Candidates will be selected to allow a broad cross section of views to be brought to the committee.
For more detail on the CCC process and role of members please refer to the Community Consultative Committee Guidelines, State Significant Projects, November 2016, NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPE).
The main selection criteria for CCC members are:
- Experience and confidence in providing feedback to the community and relevant stakeholder groups.
- Resident in the local area with a broad awareness and knowledge of local issues.
To discuss any aspect of the application process please contact the chair of the CCC (as appointed by the Secretary of the NSW DPE), Mr Peter Gordon on 0417064767 or email@example.com.
Please send your application to:
Attention: Peter Gordon, Independent Chair
Subject: Capital 2 Wind Farm CCC - Expression of Interest
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Post: PO Box 5519, Kingston, ACT 2604
The closing date for expressions of interest has been extended to 22nd December 2017.
- Membership of the CCC is on a voluntary basis.
- Membership of the CCC will be approved by the NSW Department of Planning & Environment (DPE).
- Expression of interest nomination forms can be found on pg20 of the Community Consultative Committee Guidelines, State Significant Projects, November 2016 (NSW DPE), which is available at the following link to the DPE website or via the Project website: