Talk Poverty for Anti-Poverty Week 2017
Published on 12 October 2017
As part of Anti-Poverty Week 2017, Council presents the Talk Poverty event at Queanbeyan Library.
This event offers a chance to hear from people with lived experience and community advocates supporting people in need.
Guest speakers are:
- Elaine Lollback from St Benedict’s Community Services
- Vivienne Cox from the Department of Family & Community Services
- Dave Burnet from OzHarvest
- Tina Brown, Aboriginal Liaison Officer at QPRC
- Zakia Patel from Axis Youth Centre with Jessica Miller and her real life youth experience
- Gemma Bell from Your Place Housing Support Service
- Amy Lanham from Anglicare and Melanie Turner from Anglicare Fair Food
- George Nathan from Mission Australia
Tuesday 17 October
9.45am – 2pm