World Environment Day Minecraft Competition
Welcome to the 2022 QPRC Minecraft Sustainable Design Competition!
This year the theme for World Environment Day is ‘Only One Earth’. The focus is on the need to live sustainably in harmony with nature. Shifting to a greener lifestyle through our own choices and actions.
We want you to use your Minecraft skills to help build a futuristic QPRC by designing a sustainable building, park, landscape, town or other structure that reflects the 2022 World Environment Day theme. You can be as creative as you like!
Think about some of the below points to help you get started:
- How can we live in harmony with nature?
- What does a sustainable building look like, how might it work?
- Do you have a unique solution to a sustainability problem? Think about power, water, pollution, food production, transport…
- What activities can you do every day to live a more sustainable lifestyle?
Show us your ideas through your own Minecraft world and make a short (no longer than three minute) narrated video showing us your designs, talking us through the landscape or building.
The competition ran from 9am Monday 2 May 2022 until 9pm Monday 30 May 2022!
All entries were shown at the Bicentennial Hall, Queanbeyan on Friday 3 June in a special screening, with winners announced on the night.
Competition Award Winners
Cameron de Jongh
5-8 year category
- Alex Kennedy - Highly Commended
- Hamish Henry - Winner
- Kayley Henderson - Highly Commended
- Gerry, Lola and Ike Lloyd - Winner
- Alfie Kelly - Highly Commended
- Lucinda Henderson - Winner
Rocky Dal Molin
For each age group there is a highly commended and overall winner prize. The highly commended prize for age groups 5-14 are snowplay passes for four people at Corin Forest - the 15-17 highly commended winner will receive a $100 voucher to EB games. The overall category winners will receive a $200 voucher to EB games. There is also one $500 cash prize which will be awarded to the overall winner across all age groups.
If you have an questions email email@example.com