Report a Problem

Woman using mobile phone and typing

1. Using Your Smartphone

Residents can report issues instantly to Council through the free iPhone and Android smartphone app, Snap Send Solve.

Snap Send Solve allows users to take a photo of an issue such as litter, waste, parking, street cleaning, trees or noise, and by using GPS positioning determine the responsible council and send an email to report the problem.

You can also use Snap Send Solve to provide feedback instantly to Council.

Follow the links below to download Snap Send Solve for free on your mobile device.

Download the Snap Send Solve app for Apple devices

Download the Snap Send Solve app for Android devices

2. Report a Streetlight Fault

Streetlights are a not a responsibility of Council. This can be reported to Essential Energy online here.

3. Abandoned Shopping Trolleys

We are not responsible for the collection of abandoned shopping trolleys. You can report these from the links below.

  • Trolley Tracker - report it online here, phone 1800 641 497 for Woolworths, Big W, and Dan Murphy's, or email
  • Coles Customer Relations - report it online here, phone 1800 TROLLEY (1800 876 553) or email for Coles and Kmart trolleys
  • Aldi - Call 13 25 34 or report it online here.

4. Report Problems With Waste and Illegal Dumping

Report missed collections, request extra bins or report a lost or missing bin online here.

Report illegal dumping to the NSW Environmental Protection Agency online at RID Online.

5. Report a Problem Online

Report a problem online regarding the following:

  • Animals
  • Footpath
  • General online enquiry
  • Parks and Sportsfields
  • Roads
  • Trees and Vegetation
  • Waste
  • Water Supply

Report online here

6. Report a Drinking or Recycling Water Quality Issue

Report a water quality issue online here.

7. Making a Complaint or Compliment

If you are not satisfied with our service in any respect, or you think we have made a mistake, please bring your complaint to us directly so that the matter can be resolved.

We have a Complaint Handling System which aims to resolve issues quickly.  A complaint can be made by phone, in person, in writing or by email or by completing the online complaint form below. 

A complaint should detail the name, address and contact  telephone numbers of the complainant together with a brief description of the problem. Complaints that do not contain contact information are difficult to follow up and may not be progressed. In line with Council's Compliance and Enforcement Policy, Council staff are required to protect the identity of people making complaints where this is practical and appropriate. Personal information that identifies individuals will only be disclosed or used by Council as permitted under the relevant privacy laws and confidentiality obligations.

We have a three tier model of Complaint Handling as advocated by the NSW Ombudsman. This consists of:

  • Tier 1: Frontline Complaint Handling – where we empower staff to try and resolve complaints at the first point of contact
  • Tier 2: Internal Review – where a complaint is escalated internally to be investigated by a more senior officer
  • Tier 3: External Review – where a complainant is provided the opportunity to have an external agency review their complaint

You can also register your compliments or complaints online here.

You can also download our Customer Service Charter here(PDF, 563KB) .

Complaints to the NSW Ombudsman

NSW Ombudsman logo

If we have not been able to resolve your complaint, and you believe we have done something wrong, you may be able to take your complaint to the NSW Ombudsman:

To see when and how you may be able to make a complaint to the NSW Ombudsman visit:


8. Urgent or Afterhours Problems

To report any urgent issues please contact our customer service centre or the afterhours emergency telephone number.

  • Business hours - 8.30am-4.30pm Monday-Friday 1300 735 025
  • Afterhours: 1300 735 025 - this is only for emergency matters such as broken water mains, sewage issues, dog attacks etc.