Providing care in the local community for over 36 years which is:
- tailored to your needs,
- in a homebased environment,
- attracts childcare benefit/rebate for eligible parents and
- suited to children aged 0 -12 years including before and after school care.
Family Day Care is a safe and registered form of childcare where carers, known as educators, provide the service in their own home. It operates under the same National Quality Framework as other forms of childcare and parents who use the service are eligible for the Federal Government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate.
Queanbeyan Family Day Care has educators operating throughout Queanbeyan, Jerrabomberra, Wamboin, Michelago and Bungendore.
Family Day Care can provide full time, part time, before and after school care, occasional care, casual care, school holiday care as well as weekend and overnight care.
How is Family Day Care different from other forms of childcare?
Family Day Care is provided in the homes of educators who are registered with a Family Day Care scheme. Educators are visited on a regular basis by qualified staff members of a Coordination Unit. Their role is to ensure that the children have settled into care and that the educator is meeting all the necessary rules and regulations.
Family Cay Care offers childcare in a small group setting, up to four children under school age and three children of school age (including the educator’s own children). This means that children are exposed to less illnesses and less risk of cross infection. Family Day Care enables siblings to be cared for together in the same environment, and sometimes an educator can be located close to a family home.
Who is Family Day Care most suited to?
Family Day Care is suitable for children of all ages and stages. It is also ideal for families who want one pick up point for a number of children, families who don’t have transport and need care close to their home.
What ages can attend Family Day Care?
Family Day Care caters for children of all ages, including school aged children.
How much does childcare cost through Family Day Care?
For care within the times of 8am to 6pm the fees will range from $8 - $12.50 per hour.
Some educators registered with Queanbeyan Family Day Care will allow the parent to choose the hours that are required and parents pay for the care used. Other educators may require a parent to agree to contract for a set number of hours per day
Can I still access a Federal Government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate?
Yes, as long as you meet the Federal Government guidelines - http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/child-care-rebate
What is covered as part of the fees for Family Day Care?
This can vary from educator to educator. Some educators include food and nappies in their fees. Each educator will provide this information to parents when parents meet the educator.
What is the registration fee?
The only up-front fee paid by families to the coordination unit is a $50 per family fee. The fee funds the provision of resources to parents when they attend for an interview (e.g., such as information on healthy food choices and what to pack in a lunch box).
Does my child need to be immunised to attend Family Day Care?
Yes, it is the parents’ responsibility to provide up-to-date immunisation history records to the scheme. The childcare benefit and childcare rebate are also linked to immunisation – https://www.education.gov.au/priority-allocating-places) in relation to the way in which children are allocated a place.
What do you need to become an educator with Queanbeyan Family Day Care?
Essential Criteria for becoming an Educator with Queanbeyan Family Day Care
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge, understanding and experience with children (ages 0 to 12 years) and capable of meeting their needs
- Able to provide a warm and secure home environment for children
- Have or be willing to obtain a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, or equivalent qualification
- Meet national child care standards which include maintaining quality learning programs, safe and hygienic environments and up to date record keeping
- Participate in regular support and monitoring visits conducted by the Co-ordination Unit
- Attend training, meetings and workshops periodically to maintain currency of skills and knowledge
- Have or be willing to obtain current First Aid Certification, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation certification and Emergency Asthma, Anaphylaxis Management training
- Willing to obtain Public Liability Insurance coverage
- Willing to undergo a National Criminal History Check
- Willing to undergo a Working With Children check
- Be 18 years or over
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in becoming a Family Day Care educator and running your own business please complete the "Application to Become an Educator" form below.
If you would like more information please contact (02) 6285 6253 or email email@example.com.
Queanbeyan Family Day Care is currently recruiting educators in the Queanbeyan and surrounding region. We are targeting the following areas: Googong, Bungendore and Wamboin.
Click here to view form.
Below is a list of frequently used forms. You will need Adobe Reader installed to view these forms.
You can download and save a copy of these forms onto your computer. Some of these forms are Adobe Fillable forms which you can complete by typing in the fields, print out and return to the Family Day Care Coordinator.
If you are using an Apple Mac computer, you will need to ensure that you select the forms to open with "Adobe reader" and not "Preview".