We aim to provide information in an open and accountable way, and also to handle personal, legal and commercially sensitive information in a fair and reasonable manner.
All legitimate requests for access to Council information are handled in line with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPAA) requirements.
Access our Publications
We publish our Annual Report, Community Strategic Plan and other Council documents online. These are available for download from this page.
The Agency Information Guide has been prepared in accordance with Section 20 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
Download the Agency Information guide here(PDF, 468KB)
Requesting information from us
There are two types of information requests formal and informal. To determine which application you require you can call Customer Service on 1300 735 025.
Find Out More
You can find out more about your right to information through the Information and Privacy Commissioner (IPC).
Mail: GPO Box 7011, Sydney NSW 2001
Visit: Level 11, 1 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Call: 1800 472 679 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
If you are seeking information that is readily available and can be provided by staff within normal operating practices, you need to complete and submit our informal access application form.
Click here to view form.
If information cannot be accessed through the above options, a formal access application can be submitted to Council. This approach may be required if you are requesting more complex, and/or high volumes of information that requires research and assessment by staff in order to process your request.
Your application must:
- Be in writing
- Clearly indicate that it is an access application made under the GIPAA
- Be accompanied by an application fee of $30
- Provide an Australian address for correspondence purposes
- Include suitable detail so that the government information applied for can be identified.
Apply for formal access(PDF, 159KB)
When requesting information please be aware that fees may be payable for:
- Requesting access to versions of documents that are neither current nor immediately preceding versions of the current document and are not reasonably accessible.
View our current Fees and Charges
We can only provide contact details for the purposes listed on the application.
Click here to view form.
If you are dissatisfied with an access application decision, you can request an internal review. Please email the Right to Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know your rights under the GIPAA 2009
Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, our disclosure log is updated after certain access applications have been decided. The log provides details of information we've released that may be of interest to other members of the public. An agency’s disclosure log must record the following:
- The date the access application was decided.
- A description of the information released.
- Whether any of the information is available to other members of the public.
- If so available, how it can be accessed.
View the dislosure log(PDF, 211KB)
We publish our Register of disclosure of Statement of Political Donations and Gifts by Applicants and Submitters.
View register of disclosures(PDF, 35KB)
Council has adopted the following delegations
- Delegation of Function to the General Manager
- Delegation of Functions to the Mayor
- Delegations of Functions to the Deputy Mayor