Council maintains the water and sewer network. We have an agreement with Icon Water to purchase potable water for the Queanbeyan area. Braidwood, Bungendore and Captains Flat have their own water treatment facilities which service the urban area of the three towns/villages.
For supply issues that are not within your property boundaries, you can contact our offices:
Telephone - 1300 735 025 - Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
After Hours Emergency Number
1300 735 025
The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) requires us to publish pollution monitoring data for each of our sewerage treatment plants in accordance with the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011 (POELA Act).
The specific requirements for the publication of monitoring results are set out in s.66(6) of the POEO Act.
The latest pollution monitoring data for the Braidwood, Bungendore and Captains Flat sewage treatment plants may be downloaded below.
- Braidwood, Bungendore, Captains Flat and Googong Sewage Treatment Plant performance year to date for 2020/21 - to November 2020(PDF, 290KB)
- Braidwood, Bungendore, Captains Flat Sewage and Googong Treatment Plan performance for 2019/20 reporting year(PDF, 331KB)
- Queanbeyan Sewage Treatment Plant performance data
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan - Bungendore, Braidwood and Captains Flat Sewage Treatment Plants(PDF, 12MB)
- Pollutant Incident Plan for Googong Water Recycling Plant(PDF, 3MB)
- Googong Recycled Water data summary report 2016-2017 financial year(XLSX, 88KB)
- Googong Recycled Water data - July 2016 - June 2017(XLSX, 81KB)
- Googong Recycled Water data - July 2017- June 2018(PDF, 95KB)
- Googong Recycled Water data - July 2018 - June 2019(PDF, 138KB)
- Googong Recycled Water data - July 2019(PDF, 15KB)
- Googong Integrated Water Cycle Operational Environmental Management Plan(PDF, 3MB)
Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) Licences
The Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) issues licences for our wastewater pipe network and treatment systems. We have provided links to the Licences below which are all on the EPA website.
This Strategy was adopted at our February 2019 Council Meeting. The strategy address the six elements of the Best-Practice Management of Water Supply and Sewerage Framework. It is our 30 year strategy for the provision of water services to our community. The Strategy:
- Sets the objectives and performance indicators for the Water & Sewer business
- Identifies the needs
- Right sizes’ infrastructure
- Determines the priority
- Identifies the best-value 30-year IWCM scenario on a triple bottom line basis.
You can download the full strategy here(PDF, 17MB) .
We conduct monthly water sampling in the Queanbeyan area. You can download the results of these below.
- 2011(XLSX, 17KB)
- 2012(XLSX, 17KB)
- 2013(XLSX, 18KB)
- 2014(XLSX, 19KB)
- 2015(XLSX, 19KB)
- 2016(XLSX, 20KB)
- 2017(XLS, 568KB)
- 2018(PDF, 72KB)
- 2019(PDF, 224KB)
- 2020(PDF, 216KB)
Please report an issue with the water quality you receive from the Council drinking or recycled water supply via our online form.
Information collected here is used to assist Council staff with diagnosing your problem and to develop the appropriate response.
Once lodged, this form will be sent to the appropriate officer and we will be in touch to discuss the matter with you. We may require additional information from you to solve the problem.
Please note, this is not suitable for lodging a water quality issue related to stormwater or the quality of water in ponds, rivers and other waterbodies.
Report a drinking or recycled water quality issue online here.
Council has had major blockages in sewer catchments found within the LGA. This is costing Council and ultimately you, the ratepayer, more than what is actually required due to additional pump maintenance fees, higher electricity costs and after hours call-out fees. Blockages and sewer pipe breakdowns significantly increase the risk of sewage overflows to the environment, into a property or your house. Please view and download the following factsheets and tips to help prevent future sewer blockages.
Download the tree roots in sewer pipes factsheet(PDF, 312KB)
Download the six tips to prevent a sewage backup(PDF, 163KB)
Download the sewage wise sewer overflows factsheet(PDF, 400KB)
If you feel your water meter size does not match the use of your property, you can apply for a reassessment. Please contact us to discuss or complete the application online below.
We offer the following incentives for local residents who are connected to the Queanbeyan-Palerang water supply.
- Free home audit carried out by a licensed plumber
- Subsidised dual flush toilets for eligible residences (following the home audit)
- Subsidies for retrofitted rainwater tanks to existing residences
- Subsidies for rainwater tanks to eligible new residences
Our waterwise brochure can be downloaded here(PDF, 460KB) . For more information contact our Waterwise Officer on 1300 735 025.
Download the Waterwise Policy here(PDF, 399KB)
Download the rainwater tank rebate form(PDF, 979KB)
Click here to view form.
Information on Saving Water:
Visit the Your home website for tips on saving water