Council publishes a fortnightly advertisement in the local paper, The Regional Independent. Below you will find the latest advertisement.
You can download the latest For Your Information Advertisement as a PDF here.(PDF, 1MB)
This notice is to advise that the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council at its meeting on 10 February adopted an amendment to the South Jerrabomberra Development Control Plan (SJDCP) 2015. The SJDCP 2015 was authorised on 6 March 2015 and was amended in 2018. The amendment at that time was to introduce controls for small lots and studio dwellings, as well as inserting new Neighbourhood Structure Plans (NSPs) for South Tralee and the Forest Morrison land.
The current amendments include new and updated Neighbourhood Structure Plans for proposed future land releases at South Jerrabomberra. These are:
- An updated Neighbourhood Structure Plan for residential development at South Jerrabomberra (comprising South Tralee land and land known as Forest Morrison land),
- An updated Neighbourhood Structure Plan for commercial development at North Poplars,
- A new Neighbourhood Structure Plan for commercial development at South Poplars,
- A new Neighbourhood Structure Plan for commercial and light industrial development at North Tralee, and
- A new Neighbourhood Structure Plan for the proposed Regional Sports Centre at North Tralee.
Furthermore, additional controls have been added in respect of potential noise impacts and their amelioration. These are contained in Part 11 of the SJDCP 2015.
The SJDCP 2015 is also being amended to update the relevant map illustrating the area to which the plan applies.
The amended South Jerrabomberra Development Control Plan 2015 is effective from 11 February 2021.
The amended SJDCP 2015 is available on our website.