Child Safe Standards at QPRC
We are committed to creating and maintaining a safe environment for children in line with the NSW Child Safe Standards. The organisation, and its officials, will support the Child Safe Policy. It will follow relevant processes and procedures to protect and enhance the safety of children in Council services, facilities and programs that engage with children and young people
What is a child safe organisation
Child safe organisations create cultures, adopt strategies and act to prevent harm to children, including sexual abuse. The Australian and New Zealand Children’s Commissioners and Guardians define a child safe organisation as one that systematically:
- creates conditions to reduce the likelihood of children being harmed
- creates conditions that increase the likelihood of identifying and reporting harm
- responds appropriately to disclosures, allegations and suspicions of harm.
How to report child protection concerns
If a child is in immediate danger call the Police on 000 (triple zero).
If you think a child or young person is at risk of harm from abuse or neglect, contact the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111.
You can also report child protection concerns involving a Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council councillor, employee, contractor or volunteer to one of our Child Safety Officers:
- Phone 1300 735 025 between 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday and ask to speak to one of our Child Safety Officers
- Email our Child Safety Officers email@example.com
- Write to our Child Safety Officers, PO Box 90 Queanbeyan NSW 2620
- Through a face-to-face meeting with a Child Safety Officer. Please use one of the contact methods above to request a meeting.
QPRC Child Safe Policy - https://www.qprc.nsw.gov.au/Policies-Strategies-and-Plans/Adopted-QPRC-Policies
Child Safe Standards - https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-12/g_CSS_GuidetotheStandards.pdf
Reportable conduct scheme - https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/organisations/reportable-conduct-scheme