Local community organisations are invited to apply for funding for projects or initiatives that contribute to supporting the welfare of the community.
Each year through the ClubGRANTS Scheme, clubs across NSW provide tens of thousands of dollars to help support community organisations provide a range of initiatives in areas of community welfare or social services, community development, community health services or employment assistance activities.
Applications generally open in April each year and close in May.
Applications must be submitted online using the ClubsNSW website: www.clubsnsw.com.au
For further information contact Queanbeyan ClubGRANTS Local Committee Convenor, Geraldine Manser at Queanbeyan City Council on 6285 6553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for completing your ClubGRANTS application
- Ensure you have completed and supplied your Standard Funding Report Form for any previous grants.
- Read the grant guidelines before you start your application.
- Demonstrate the direct outputs, outcomes and impact of your project for the community.
- Be clear about what you want to achieve.
- Use clear language and avoid jargon.
- Present any relevant supporting material (e.g. data, supporting letters) and make sure it's presented clearly.
- Do your homework and know the aspirations, questions and needs in the community. Pay particular attention to, and document, what projects are already running in the community, and where the gaps may be.
- Discuss your project ideas with similar/specialist organisations in Queanbeyan, make connections with other local organisations and where possible consider and develop partnership projects.
As part of Council’s commitment to local sport the Sports Assistance Scheme provides funding to local sporting groups.
The scheme is available for a wide range of assistance including:
- Equipment Assistance
- Special Events Assistance
- Elite Athletes Assistance
Grants in the scheme are awarded to clubs on a dollar for dollar basis. Applications may be submitted at any time of the year, however, they will only be presented for approval at the end of May and November with $3500 available. Applications must be forwarded to the Sport and Recreation Officer by the end of May or November for an assessment. More information can be obtained from Leigh Penman who can be contacted on 6285 6231 or at email@example.com.
The aim of the Cultural Arts Assistance Scheme is to assist local arts and cultural groups to start and develop their own projects, and to improve the community’s opportunities for involvement in cultural and arts activities.
Applications are invited from cultural/community organisations for projects that meet the aim of the scheme, and can demonstrate that they are of benefit to the community through their cultural or artistic outcomes.
Applicants are strongly advised to seek guidance and advice from the Cultural Development Officer when making an application. Please call Georgina Perri on 6285 6170 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the scheme.
Applications for Council’s General Donation Scheme must be received by the specified date in May each year. The Scheme is open to non-profit organisations or groups based in, or affiliated with, Queanbeyan-Palerang. Applicants must be for the charitable purposes of either the relief of poverty, the advancement of education or any other purpose for which there is agreement by resolution of Council.
Applications open in April 2017. Further applications will not be considered until previous projects have been completed; and financial reports have been provided through the acquittal process.
Total amount available is $40,000 with an amount of $10,000 being retained in the emergency fund.
The Donations Scheme is split into two categories as listed below:
Category 'A' Funding
- The relief of poverty or provision of assistance to the less advantaged through welfare.
- Services and facilities, public health services and facilities, education services and facilities.
- Transport services and facilities and housing
- From time to time, Council may make funds available under its Annual Grants Program for local, not-for-profit community groups and, in some cases, individuals. The aim is to support a wide range of activities that builds community capacity, fosters social networks and information exchange, facilitates cooperation and builds on existing community strengths.
Category 'B Funding
To provide financial assistance to community not-for-profit or charitable organisations that wish to hire a Council facility but who are unable to meet the cost of hire. This grant will be non-monetary however, will be recognised financially as a donation and be recognised as income for the facility. The grant will be considered as either full or partial payment of venue hire.
Forms can be collected from the General Manager’s Office, 253 Crawford Street, Queanbeyan or downloaded here during the months of April and May only.
You can download the Donations Policy here(PDF, 293KB) .