Where do I start?
Planning and Development Enquiry
For general advice about planning and before lodging a development application, fill out the Planning Enquiry form at the bottom of this page. Be as specific as you can about what you are trying to do; include a sketch if you can, to illustrate what you are trying to achieve.
What information will you need to provide:
- Your contact details (full name, phone number and email address)
- Address of property you are seeking to develop (including Lot & DP)
- Description of development (new dwelling, additions to existing dwelling, shed, subdivision etc.)
- Sketch plan of the site development
What you will find out from your enquiry:
- Whether your proposed development is permissible
- If an application to Council is required. Also, what type of application(s) and supporting information/plans will be required to put together an application.
- How control plans, legislative codes and policies affect your proposed development.
Submit a Planning Enquiry at the form below or email your enquiry to email@example.com. If further information is required to be able to give you meaningful advice, we will contact you for further information.
Read through the relevant Local Environmental Plans and Development Control Plans for your area to see the standard guidelines for everyday development in each zone.
What zone is my land in?
The ePlanning Spatial Viewer is the NSW Planning Portal's digital mapping service. It provides up-to-date information on how planning controls and other planning matters affect a given property and the surrounding area. To determine what zone your land is in, or land you are looking to purchase, visit NSW Spatial Viewer and put in the address, it will show you the zone of the land and applicable control plans, LEP’s, minimum lot sizes etc.