Each year we organise and support a number of community events that enable the whole community to come together and celebrate the diversity and vitality of our region. We adopted our Events Strategy in May 2018 and you can download it here(PDF, 6MB).
We support festivals and events that provide opportunities to encourage a sense of community connection and pride, enliven public spaces and promote our region as a vibrant and exciting place to live in and visit. Click here to view some of our open spaces and venues for hire.
Events on Council land are required to have additional measures as directed by NSW Police.
- Active Armed Offender Guidelines for Crowded Places(PDF, 239KB)
- Chemical Weapon Guidelines for Crowded Places(PDF, 823KB)
- Crowded Places Security Audit(PDF, 1MB)
- Crowded Places Self-Assessment Tool(PDF, 97KB)
- Hostile Vehicle Guidelines for Crowded Places(PDF, 2MB)
- Improvised Explosive Guidelines (IED) for Crowded Places(PDF, 293KB)
- Intoxication guidelines(PDF, 201KB)
- Prevention of intoxication on licensed premises and guidelines(PDF, 178KB)
- Standard conditions form – events, trade fairs and other functions (Liquor and Gaming NSW)(PDF, 207KB)
To enquire about holding an event or for more information, please contact our Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0481 007 012.
Our visit Queanbeyan-Palerang website has a list of events happening in our region. If you are an event organiser, you can also list your event on the site for free. To view the events calendar or to list your event, go to the Visit Queanbeyan-Palerang page.
Please be advised that in the interests of public safety and the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic, the Christmas in July event for 2020 has been CANCELLED.
If you had applied to be part of the event we will be in touch shortly.