A public meeting of the NSW Local Government Grants Commission and Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council will be held on Thursday 29 November at the Queanbeyan Council Chambers commencing at 11am.
The purpose of the meeting is for the Grants Commission to explain its operations and the basis of its determination of general purpose grants paid under the provisions of the Commonwealth Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995. The meeting will also provide Council with the opportunity to present to the Commission its particular circumstances. It is anticipated that the meeting will last approximately two hours.
Members of the public may attend.
Council publishes a fortnightly advertisement in the local papers the Braidwood Times, Bungendore Weekly and Queanbeyan Age. Below you will find the latest advertisement. The advertisements often include local issues or developments which are not published in all three papers, but just in the local paper. The page below is a summary that includes all relevant items.
You can download the latest For Your Information Advertisement as a PDF here.(PDF, 248KB)
Closing date: 5pm, 28 November 2019
The NSW Crown Holiday Parks Land Manager (NSWCHPLM) trading as Reflections Holiday Parks (https://reflectionsholidayparks.com.au/) is a Crown land manager (CLM) under the Crown Land Management Act 2016 (CLMA). NSWCHPLM was established in 2013 and provides coordinated management of holiday parks on Crown land across regional NSW.
The NSWCHPLM is currently appointed to the care, control and management of 37 holiday parks and associated reserves with an asset value of $300 million and annual revenue of $50 million. NSWCHPLM employs a Chief Executive Officer and more than 100 employees across the State.
Operating on highly valued public land, the NSWCHPLM is responsible for balancing the unique social, economic, environmental and cultural character of the portfolio.
Board members are paid in accordance with the NSW Government Boards and Committees Guidelines (September 2015). The annual remuneration rates are:
- Chair: $60,000
- Member: $25,000
Reimbursement of expenses (including out of pocket travelling expenses) is paid in line with NSW Government policy. Travelling time is not remunerated. Please refer to the NSW Government Boards and Committees Guidelines for details. Member remuneration includes superannuation (SGC). Superannuation (SGC) is paid through the NSWCHPLM payroll system to a complying fund of the member's choice.
Term of appointment
Board members will be appointed by the Minister for Water, Property and Housing for a term of up to five years and are eligible for reappointment. It is anticipated that appointed members will commence by 30 April 2020.
The composition of the board will be expected to have skills and/or experience in the following areas:-
- Understanding/experience of the role and responsibilities of company directors and/or Government boards and a commitment to implementing principles of good corporate governance in a public land management setting;
- Experience in financial management/business management;
- Experience in strategic business planning;
- Experience in human resource development and planning;
- Ability to make strategic investments that result in improved business performance and improved benefits regarding social and environmental outcomes;
- Experience in asset management and/or contract and capital works management;
- Experience in stakeholder / community engagement including marketing, promotion;
- Experience in the tourism industry and/or caravan park industry in a regional context;
- Understanding and/or experience of Work Health and Safety, risk management, planning and environmental legislation;
- Understanding and/or experience in Aboriginal people’s special rights and interests in Crown land;
- Understanding of the regulatory framework applicable to caravan park management;
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
Board members will be expected to attend up to 12 Board / Committee Meetings per year and may be required to Chair Board Committees relevant to their particular area of expertise. Conduct of board members is in accordance with the Crown reserve code of conduct https://reservemanager.crownland.nsw.gov.au/who-we-are/crown-reserve-code-of-conduct
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online using the following link: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/nsw-crown-holiday-parks-land-manager-board-members-181659
Enquiries: Kylee Warner on 02 4920 5046 or at email@example.com