Bungendore Rodeo and Equestrian Sports and Recreation Ground | Majors Creek Recreation Reserve | Braidwood Racecourse and Athletic Sportsground
Ever wondered who is responsible for keeping Crown reserves operating?
Countless facilities like showgrounds, local halls and parks are run by Statutory Land Manager Boards, made up of people just like you. People who understand the need and have a desire to manage public land and assets for the benefit of the entire community.
Your role as a Board member is voluntary, but the rewards of giving something back to the community are priceless.
We are looking for a good mix of people with a variety of skills, however, sound business and financial management skills and objective decision-making expertise would be a distinct advantage.
Don’t let this opportunity to do something for yourself and your community pass you by – contact us today.
- The Majors Creek Recreation Reserve Land Manager manages the Reserve No. 530066 at Majors Creek notified on 27 June 1893 for Public Recreation. The term of appointment will be for a period not exceeding 5 years. All applications are required to be lodged before Saturday, 1 June 2019 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Department of Industry - Lands & Water PO Box 2215, DANGAR NSW 2309. File Reference: GB80R163-003.
- The Bungendore Rodeo And Equestrian Sports And Recreation Ground Land Manager manages the Reserve No. 91204 at Bungendore notified on 28 July 1978 for Public Recreation. The term of appointment will be for a period not exceeding 5 years. All applications are required to be lodged before Friday, 7 June 2019 by email at email@example.com or posted to Department of Industry - Lands & Water PO Box 2215, DANGAR NSW 2309. File Reference: GB82R13-002.
- The Braidwood Racecourse And Athletic Sportsground Reserve Land Manager manages the Reserve No. 530013 at Braidwood notified on 20 December 1902 for Athletic Sports Ground and Racecourse. The term of appointment will be for a period not exceeding 5 years. All applications are required to be lodged before Monday, 17 June 2019 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Department of Industry - Lands & Water PO Box 2215, DANGAR NSW 2309. File Reference: GB83R27-002
Application forms may be obtained from https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/lands/reserves/join or telephoning 1300 886 235. For further information contact Mandy Franklin on (02) 4824 3704.
Monaro Street - temporary road closure - 28 May 2019
There will be temporary road closures in place for the annual Reconciliation Walk from 10.15-11.15am. Roads affected will be:
- Bungedore Road - between Atkinson Street and Queens Bridge
- Monaro Street - between Queens Bridge and Lowe Street
Temporary traffic control measures will be in place during the road closure.
Ellerton Drive, East Queanbeyan - Notification of temporary road closure from 8 May
As part of the Ellerton Drive project an existing section of road service will be upgraded. This will affect between Mowatt Street and the Old Sydney Road roundabout.
Work is expected to take approximately three months from Wednesday 8 May until August. Working hours will be between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays.
To ensure the safety of motorists and the community this section of Ellerton Drive will be closed to all traffic 24 hours a day, seven days a week while this work it carried out and detours will be in place.
Detours will be in place during the temporary road closure. Residents and motorists accessing Tennyson Drive should detour via Mowatt Street while this work is carried out.
Access to the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church will be via existing Ellerton Drive. Church patrons are asked to follow the directions of signage.
Council publishes a fortnightly advertisement in the local papers the Braidwood Times, Bungendore Weekly and Queanbeyan Age. Below you will find the latest advertisement. The advertisements often include local issues or developments which are not published in all three papers, but just in the local paper. The page below is a summary that includes all relevant items.
You can download the latest For Your Information Advertisement as a PDF here.(PDF, 525KB)