Bicentennial Hall Upgrade
- Project typeCapital Works
- Project value$1,545,000
- Project scheduleTo be completed by October 2020
- Contractor nameMaxwood Technologies Pty Ltd - retractable seating
The project will incorporate upgraded professional spaces including a stage, box office and dressing rooms. It will renew air conditioning and provide much needed rehearsal space, work-shopping areas, teaching facilities and an opportunity for a broader range of shared space activities. The upgrade will occur in two stages - stage one has already commenced.
The refurbished Bicentennial Hall will allow the region to become a destination of choice in the conference market, supported by the region’s strong arts and culture reputation.
Installation of retractable seating has now been completed which will allow for a wider range of use for the hall. The seating capacity has increased to 600 seats.
Stage One will include:
- Retractable seating and installation of partition wall (completed)
- Wall treatments for acoustic panelling
- Dressing rooms
- Stage lighting and drapes
- Heating and cooling
- Bar upgrade
Stage Two will include:
- Upgrade of Mezzanine
- Bio box
Rear of 253 Crawford Street, Queanbeyan 2620 View Map