MR92 - Nerriga Road
- Project typeCapital Works
- Project value$39 million
- Project scheduleTo be completed by 2020
- Contractor nameQPRC
The Nerriga Road upgrade project involves upgrading four sections of the road, and has been funded by a $70 million grant from the NSW Government under the Monaro-Palerang Roads Package
. The total funding package provides for the Nerriga Road upgrade, duplication of Old Cooma Road south
of Queanbeyan and a roundabout at the corner of Malbon and Molonglo Sts in Bungendore.
The Nerriga Road project has been allocated $29 million. The upgrades consists of sealing 11.22km of unsealed road and upgrading the intersection of Nerriga Road and the Kings Highway.
The single lane bridge at Charleyong
is also being replaced and this work is being completed by the NSW Roads and Maritime Service. The project has been awarded to SRG Civil and is expected to be opened in 2020.
The four stages to be sealed:
- Stage 1 - Grants Road to Stewarts Crossing Road (5km) - completed December 2018
- Stage 2 - Stewarts Crossing Road to Charleyong Bridge (3.1km) - started August 2018 - due to be completed July 2019
- Stage 3 - Durran Durra Range, Brightside Road to Grants Road (3km) - to commence August 2019 and be completed by June 2020
- Stage 4 - Kings Highway/Nerriga Road intersection (800m) - to commence February 2020 and to be completed by December 2020
If savings are made across the entire project then a fifth stage will be included. This would include a 4.7km unsealed section known as Ningee Nimble Creek.
Nerriga Road, Nerriga 2622 View Map