Find an off-lead dog park
Dog park rules
Good behaviour is expected from both dogs and owners in our off-lead areas.
- A dog must always wear a collar with an ID tag
- Your dog/s must be under effective control when off their lead
- You must be equipped with bags to pick-up after your dog. Our designated off-lead areas have bins for you to dispose of your dog’s droppings.
Failure to do any of the above may result in being issued with a fine.
Off lead locations
"The Scar" off-lead dog area is being closed for maintenance from 15 October - 12 November 2018. Work includes top dressing, filling in several holes which hold water, and some minor fence repairs. The reason for the extended length of closure is to give the grass the best opportunity to re-establish after top dressing.
You can exercise your dog off-lead at the following locations:
- Southbar Road (the “Scar”), Karabar: Find with Google maps
All of area, including the grassed area which has been especially fenced.
- High Street, Queanbeyan: Find with Google maps
The signposted area opposite the intersection of High Street and Thurralily Street.
- Crest Road/Stuart Street: Find with Google maps
Water reservoir reserve.
- Garry Owen Reserve/Baldhill Reserve, Queanbeyan West: Find with Google maps
- Kinlyside Avenue, Jerrabomberra: Find with Google maps
The drainage reserve, opposite Darmody Place in Jerrabomberra.
- Cnr of Rockley Parade and Alchin Street, Googong: Find with Google maps
- Barkley Dog Park, 46 Duncan Street, Googong: Find with Google maps
- Reserve on the corner of Turallo Terrace and McMahon Drive, Bungendore: Find with Google maps
- Bicentennial Park, McKellar Street, Braidwood: Find with Google maps