Emergency Response Volunteer
The Emergency Response volunteer position will assist across the QPRC local government area. You'll provide support to the community in consultation with the Local Emergency Operations Committee/Emergency Operations Centre across a range of areas but within your area of interest and expertise.
We're looking for people who have an interest in emergency management and have a general understanding and knowledge of the local community. You will also need to possess good communications skills along with the ability to build networks and have a calm and considered demeanour in the face of adversity.
Some of the key tasks include:
- During an emergency, provide assistance to the Emergency Operations Centre’s (EOC) functional areas by supporting evacuation efforts (involving people and animals), providing intelligence to the EOC, sharing information with the public and stakeholders, cataloguing any impromptu volunteering that is occurring on the ground and, where possible, responding to individual requests for information or action from the EOC.
- Support early recovery efforts in line with the volunteer’s skills and capabilities.
- In periods of low risk or quiet times, maintain networks and participate in scheduled catch-ups to review preparedness and resilience of the community and relevant operational systems.
- Download the job description(PDF, 156KB)
- Download the model demands job checklist(PDF, 354KB)