Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council

Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council will be working to combine their websites with a view to launching the new site in 2017.

In the meantime, residents can access information for the former Queanbeyan and Palerang Local Government Areas by clicking below.

The NSW Government has announced the amalgamation of Queanbeyan and Palerang Councils and the formation of a new Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council.

For more information about Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council, including new council boundaries and the official proclamation, please visit Stronger Councils - Queanbeyan-Palerang webpage.

Eight former councillors from the former Queanbeyan City and Palerang councils have been appointed to the Queanbeyan-Palerang Local Representation Committee.

Other Council services are also operating as usual. For more information, call the Queanbeyan Office on 02 6285 6000 or the Braidwood/Bungendore Office on 02 6238 8111 or email us at council@qprc.nsw.gov.au.

Click below for information on services

  • Will my bin still be collected on the same day?
    Yes, your bin collection days and other waste services will continue to operate as normal.
  • Who do I contact to report a missed/damaged/stolen bin?
    Residents of the former Queanbeyan City Council can report online here, residents of the former Palerang Council should telephone 6238 8111.
  • Will my rates go up?
    Under the Government’s rate protection commitment, residents of new councils will pay no more for their rates than they would have under their old council for four years. Land valuations due to take effect in 2016-17 in the former Queanbeyan City Council will still apply, which may lead to some variations in individual rates.
  • Can I pay my rates at either the Queanbeyan or Palerang offices?
    At this stage you are unable to pay for your rates at either office.  Former Queanbeyan City Council and Palerang ratepayers will still need to pay their rates in the Queanbeyan and Palerang offices respectively.
  • Will I lose my pensioner rebate?
    No, you retain your pensioner rebate.
  • Where can I lodge my DA?
    Residents will still need to lodge their Development Applications with their former Council offices.
Media enquiries
  • When will Council meetings be held?
    Council meetings will be held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month commencing at 5.30pm.
  • Where will Council meetings be held?
    Council meetings will alternate between the Queanbeyan and Bungendore Council Chambers.  The Queanbeyan Council Chambers are located at 253 Crawford Street, Queanbeyan and the Bungendore Council Chambers are located 10 Majara Street, Bungendore.
  • Will there be Community meetings?
    Community meetings will continue to be held. The next round of community meetings will be held in the last quarter or 2016.
  • Where can I access meeting documents?
    You can access meeting documents online via the former QCC website here.
  • Can I receive information about when new documents become available?
    You can subscribe to receive updates when meeting documents become available online here.
  • Where can I view documents on exhibition?
    You are able to view current documents on exhibition on either the Queanbeyan or Palerang website.
    Can I be advised when documents are placed on exhibition?
    You can subscribe to receive updates when documents are placed on exhibition online here.